Just got back from Angie’s follow-up appointment for the surgery; they removed the dressing and checked things out, she’s healing nicely. We go back on Wednesday afternoon to remove staples. (Ugh.. I don’t really do well with blood and sharp objects inserted into the skin…) We didn’t move the appointment with the Oncologist up, the Doc affirmed that treatment won’t begin until after that, so there isn’t really any point in trying to get there earlier. Her body needs some time to heal before they start pumping her full of toxins…
We did accomplish my real goal in trying to see them earlier, which was to get further testing scheduled. Tuesday at noon she has a CT scan scheduled for pretty much her whole body. We’ll have the films to take down to our appointment on Wednesday so he can begin evaluating the possibility of spread.
We’re holding up pretty well and are very encouraged by so many who have written, called, emailed and commented here. Obviously this is hard, but we cling to a big God.
Leave a Reply