…discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!
~Henry Ward Beecher
So I continue on my quest to find the blessings in every day, in every hour.
228. Curling up by warm heaters on cold mornings.
229. Crisp fall nights filled with the scent of woodsmoke.
230. Seeing my breath in frigid air. Life.
231. Dramatic expressions from big brown eyes.
232. Dancing in the kitchen. (Our favorite dancing song? We Built This City On Rock & Roll)
233. Enough for each day in uncertain economic times.
234. A little girl snuggling in my bed just as the sun comes up.
235. Pizza and movie night every Saturday. Family time.
236. Winter scarves.
237. Playing pretend.
238. Socks. (Well, perhaps not these socks. I promise I’m a better mom than this. Anyone want to donate to our children’s college fund?)
239. Learning manners together. Catching each other in the act of bad manners. Laughing.
240. Friendships. Knowing and being known.
241. Pigtails! (Well, sort of. Her hair is getting there.)
242. Rabbits and deer in our backyard. The wonder of watching them through our windows. (Yes, this is an albino deer!)
243. Visits from grandparents and the feasts that ensue.
244. My hubby and his hair-brianed schemes. Oh, how he makes me laugh (and sometimes cry).
245. Rocking chairs and warm blankets.
246. Hot chocolate!
247. Learning how letters work. Bear’s eyes wide at each new discovery as he puts the pieces together.
248. Thankful prayers throughout the day. Hearing little voices share their heart of thanks for all God has given.
Truly, the blessings are innumerable!